Friday, December 31, 2010

History, Coins, and a Good Read

I've decided to become much more informed about coins and the minting process during 2011. This means that I am going to attend more club meetings and coin shows. It means that I am going to spend more time looking through a magnifying glass or a loupe. It also means that more coin books and magazines are going to appear in my house...and that they are actually going to be even more carefully and thoroughly read. I told you that one of my Christmas gifts to myself was going to be a copy of Abraham Lincoln: The Image of His Greatness. It arrived in the mail, and it has already been well-perused. My wife even picked up the book and commented on how nice and how thorough it appeared to be.

My next book will almost undoubtedly be a book not yet published by Whitman, but available for pre-order through Amazon. The Secret History of the First U.S. Mint promises to be a fascinating read. I've already placed my order.

The Secret History of the First U.S. Mint tells the story of "the owner, chronicler, would-be savior, and ultimate destroyer of the first United States Mint." I can hardly wait to get my hands on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment