Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Mount Hood National Park Quarter


It's November 17, 2010. That means it's the day for the release ceremony of the Mount Hood edition of the America the Beautiful Quarters being issued by the U.S. Mint, Oregon's contribution to the series.

I always enjoy it when new coins are released. I believe that U.S. Coinage is wonderful artwork and very educational. I always look forward to getting the new coins and seeing how long it takes the coins to make their way into the change I see in Dallas/Fort Worth. Sometimes it's just days, sometimes it takes forever!

This obverse of the coin retains the familiar George Washington design, while the reverse of the coin was designed by Phebe Hemphill, who has had a hand in several recent releases.

You can get a closer look at the coin, as well as other information at http://www.squidoo.com/americathebeautiful-mthood.

I can hardly wait for the next quarter...Gettysburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment